- A competitive swimmer, or a swimmer interested in challenging swimming for fitness? Our senior squad may be for you. Choose any or all of five weekly morning training sessions.
- Moving from swim lessons or our development program to competition focused training? Try the step up squad. Choose any or all of three weekly morning training sessions.
- Interested in developing swimming skills for your primary school aged child? Try the Development Program.
- An adult swimmer interested in learning to swim, or improving your stroke? Try our afternoon adult swim group.
- A recreational swimmer of any age, interested in improving your swimming? Try the recreation squad.
- Interested in volunteering with us? We have a broad range of roles at our friendly family club including providing assistance to coaches, catering, timekeeping, fundraising, organising social events, administration and officiating. We can provide pathways to becoming a Swimming Victoria official. You may be required to obtain a working with children check.
Meet our coaches
Our professional coaches can help you choose the correct group for your ability and goals. Contact us for more information.
Ready to join?
Here’s our step by step guide.
We offer year round training based at the Lara swimming pool in summer and Norlane Waterworld and Geelong Grammar in the cooler seasons.
Join our fast growing group of adult swimmers
Semi-retired swimmers range in age from 18 to 80+ and compete in two optional weekly handicap races, 50m freestyle and 50m breaststoke, butterfly or backstroke (BBB). The events encourage participation and fun. A handicap event is one where swimmers start on a different count according to their speed. For example, a slower swimmer may start on the count of 1 second, and a faster swimmer on the count of 30 seconds. This increases chances of a close finish to the race. Afternoon training sessions are offered for skills and fitness for adult swimmers. An alternative to the semi-retired events are the open section events. In this category swimmers complete around four events of varying lengths and strokes.
Thanks to Lara Physiotherapy for offering a 10% discount to our members.